Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 5

===================
Date: June 19th, 1915
===================

Today was story day. Every soldier from the second company got separated into several groups. I still don't understand why we have "story day", but my general says that we need to know the history of our military. Regardless, he spoke today of the Red Baron. "The Red Baron's real name was Manfred von Richthofen", he said, "and he was the best pilot we have ever had. He was our best man, and yet it seemed that he died from bad luck. While he was pursuing an enemy pilot, he was shot in the chest area, and died soon after. That one bullet, that one shot....shall forever be known as the 'fatal shot'". I had never met this man, yet I felt so connected to him. I felt so bad for his death. It was at this moment that I realized the significance of story day.

No comments: