Monday, October 29, 2007

Day 3

===================
Date: June 17th, 1915
===================

Today was the most horrific day I have experienced in my life. Our enemies crossed no man's land armed with the most advanced weapons I have ever seen. One man, armed with a tank on his back, was running faster than a wild goose, spraying FLAMES as far as the eye can see! Our men where frying in the night, like roasted chicken. It was horrible. Then I looked off to the left and saw a gigantic metal box rolling towards us! I wasn't so alarmed until it nearly started an earthquake when it fired a missle toward us! Unfortunately, we lost many men today. These new advances in militial technology have proven very effective against even our best men. One of my closest friends even told me he has heard of a "submarine" which travels underwater and can even attack underwater! Yesterday I even saw an airplane! Until then, I had only heard of airplanes when we would talk about the war, our old school, and being drafted etc. Luckily we fought back using a revolutionary weapon known as a mortar, used to fire shells at the enemy. Although we have a very innovative weapon, it seems that the enemy always has more. I don't know how long I'll be able to survive. Where I am now, this isn't the "land of the free", but it's deffinitely the home of the brave.





-Paul B.

No comments: